Friday, August 13, 2010

The End of an Era


Yes, I've been sulking.  It's been a rough couple of days knowing that the end was going to come.  I logged on to the Kidney Foundation site last week after years of contemplating what to do with "Cereza".  If any of you have known me beyond 10 years, you know that Cereza means "Cherry" and this cherry red ride was my college car, my first "real" car and something extremely sentimental because my Dad bought it for me.  My parents once told me that if I graduated highschool with good grades, they would buy me a car.  Somehow a 3.75 GPA didn't do the trick and off to college I went with the same promise..."Get good grades and we'll buy you a car."

In the Fall of 1996 around my birthday, my Dad and I went for a drive to run a couple errands and we ended up at the home of the previous owner.  I didn't know where we were at, but one thing lead to another and my Dad had me go in the house with him.  That's where the keys were handed to me and I jumped in place!  Up until that point, I was driving my Grandma's Zephyr (with quilted velour blue seats) and the cream Chevy S-10.  I was usually content just having a car (with air conditioning) to drive, but the Audi was special to me.  It was all mine and it ran like a dream It took me to Vegas, to Boise for the first time when I accepted my job with Micron, to Logan and back (a million times) and Travis even drove it for years as the commuter car up to the University of Utah.  Ok, I will stop.  But you get the point, right?

Say goodbye to the end of an era. *sniff sniff*