Sunday, August 1, 2010

Big Sisters Rule!


This girl turns 3 in a couple weeks!  She's been getting ready for the big day and unlike previous years, we've decided to throw a real birthday party with invitations and a couple neighborhood kids.  We're doing a butterfly theme with butterfly catchers and a butterfly scavenger hunt.  I know, shocker that we're not doing ladybugs!  But I promise there will be ladybugs if Grandma Cheryl is able to live up to her promise with the ladybug "Pillow Pet".  Shhhh...!  (Mia has been singing the commercial for weeks now.  "It's a Pillow...it's a Pet.  It's a Pillow Pet!")

I think Mia has been just as spoiled as Zoe with gifts and treats.  Her Grandma Mam-Mam & Grandpa Earl back in South Carolina spoiled her with a ladybug kickball - it was such a fun treat to get in the mail.  Maybe Mam-Mam will notice the beauuuutiful blanket she knitted in the photo above. :)  All blankets that we've received have been loved by both girls.

Overall, I look at the calendar and can't believe we're already one month down on the maternity leave.  :(  Yes, we all  knew it would go by fast.  The good news is that I'm feeling really well and Mia has started turning the corner and is getting used to Mom and our new addition being home.  We had about 3 weeks of torture, but hopefully we're on the uphill.  She even asked me today, "Mom, are you fragile?"  Hmmmmm.  I sighed and took a moment to assess my mental state before responding. The answer was YES.  Even if it's really no, I always want her to treat me like a delicate flower - or at least consider it before she jumps up into my lap and wants to climb up my legs (which are not good activities post c-section).  :)