Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Weekend!

It's so nice to have a 3 day weekend, especially when things are heating up at work.  With Mia, I was able to wind down a bit and get ready for maternity leave, but this time around, it's not going to be the same. :( We'll have to work hard through the end of the quarter to make our goals, so I'm hoping I can make it!

For the holiday, it was really nice to have Nina and Lily in town to play.  The weather finally perked up and it should be 80 degrees today.  As you can see in the picture with Mia flying her kite, there's still plenty of snow in our mountains and Travis was able to finish out the season with one last day on the slopes today up at Snowbird.  I saw him leave in shorts and his flip flops, I have a feeling that there's some hairy legs on the mountainside!  Oh well, at least someone is getting some sun in this house.  :)

Our other big news is the fact that a little someone is now using the BIG GIRL POTTY!  Holy cow - just in time for the baby to arrive.  The thought of changing diapers for 2 girls didn't sound as fun as just for 1.  We've made it past every miletstone except for the nighttime and for now, that's fine with us.  We're going on 2 weeks now, so I'm hoping the habit is set with just maybe an accident here or there if we're out and about.  Otherwise, knock on wood...I think we've got this one nailed (for today).